Monday, July 29, 2019
Hello my dear Friends,
It’s Monday Blog time and I’m just darn glad to be here!! I love my Life and I’m so grateful God gave me one. I’m blessed with a sense of happiness and a soft heart! Yep, I’m a softy, alright! So let’s check out a few thoughts from Merriam-Webster about the traits of a “soft-y”:
SOFT; noun: ENGAGING, KIND, UNASSUMING, LOW-KEY (to name just a few)…
OK now, let’s see what Proverbs 15 says about happy and soft hearts:
1. A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
2. The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit.
3. A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.
4. The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.
5. A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.
6. A person finds joy in giving an apt reply-and how good is a timely word!
7. The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.
8. Light in a messenger’s eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.
9. Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the Lord and humility comes before honor.
You know, if we all were to put these into practice on a daily basis, I believe we could surely change the world!
All of us need encouragement from time to time and we never know when we might have the opportunity to don our “Softy Hat” and perform an act of kindness. Shoot, I could write a book about the kindness I’ve received in my lifetime…so wonderful, and there’s no better feeling than the gift of kindness, whether you’re the giver or the receiver.
This week, my prayer for us all is that we will walk with a sense of care, concern and kindness in all we do, and that we’ll be conscious of those around us and how we might offer even one word or gesture of kindness. Remember that having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness. Amen!
Thank you for visiting with me here today and I hope this week is a Blessing for you.
GOD is Good! GOD is Great!! Always!!!
I love you,
My novel, the spiritual thriller, “That Melvin Bray” is available on Amazon: