Monday, July 27, 2015
Good Morning & HAPPY Monday, Everyone!!
Hope you had a great weekend! We enjoyed a little road trip to visit friends and relatives—There’s nothing like being with those you love and it was time to nurture some wonderful relationships. AMEN!!
Ya know, it’s simply amazing how often the subject of “happiness” comes up. Seems like it’s a daily conversation with this one or that one; however, it always comes up! Sadly though, I’m not hearing this: “man, I’m so happy I could just bust!”, or “I just never thought I could be so happy!”, or I never dreamed Life could be so happy!”
I’ve searched for some wise and wonderful insights on the subject to share with you here today and just ran across this piece recently. I admire this individual’s love and respect for Life and he definitely has the right ideas on the subject:
“Two of the most amazing emotions one can feel are positivity and happiness. Happiness and positivity could really turn things around 180 degrees and could cause you to live like you’re on top of the world. They are contagious and transfer easily to other people. Happiness causes relaxation and comfort wherever it’s found and creates a positive aura you can feel.
Can you think of how happiness makes you healthy? Well, when you’re happy or excited, you feel relaxation and comfort. Although life always keeps us on our tiptoes with all the surprises it gives us, we need to remain strong and sustain our happiness.
Happiness is something that feeds the body, mind, and soul. It provides and boosts self-esteem and self-worth. Happiness is something that, depending on the person, could be endless and boundless. Now, sometimes people are tricked and think that they’re happy while they’re not. All we need to do is think of what happiness is to us. Just remember that happiness might be different from one person to another, and is priceless.
Let’s just mention that real happiness is found in giving, helping others, and contributing to society; therefore, go ahead and volunteer to draw smiles on other’s faces.”
Below are some things that HAPPY PEOPLE DO NOT DO:
1. Take More Than They Give – Happiness doesn’t come from what we get, but from what we give. Just think about how good it makes you feel by just giving out a little kindness. There are many ways we can give to others and in return, we become the receiver and are happier for it.
2. Be Part of Drama – Getting caught up in other people’s business and relationships can bring drama to your house, something you do not want to happen. Happy people tend to look, think, and occupy their brains with things they have some control over, while allowing others to live their own lives.
3. Be Ungrateful – “It is not happy people that are thankful, it is thankful people that are happy.” Being grateful is a very appealing characteristic, because it can make a person very happy. Gratitude can cover being appreciative and thankful for all the blessings we have, the way people treat us, the beauty of the world and many other things.
4. Look At The Empty Half Of The Cup – Always look at the bright side of things. Bad or hard circumstances are a test of our happiness and positivity. It’s easy to think long and hard about the failures and to get stuck in the problem; however, being truly happy will help you focus your efforts on the solution rather than the problem.
5. Discard Relationships – We need to take time off to value our relationships. It is becoming harder and harder to make time for those we love and care about. Our relationships are a big part of our happiness and something we need to take care of to stay happy.
6. Define Themselves By Only One Thing – “The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.” This is so true because you have no option other than accepting where you are if you want happiness. It’s always okay to want more, but appreciating your current condition will serve you well.
7. Focus On Materialistic Things – There’s way more to life than just “stuff”. Happy people like stuff too, but favor and value memories and experiences over materialistic things.
8. Ignore Their Passions – Happy people just follow their passions and don’t let go of them.
9. Stay Unbalanced – Staying balanced provides a sense of security and comfort, knowing that everything will work out. Happy people don’t waste their time & energy focusing on what they don’t have.
10. Mistreat Others – There is a nice and simple way to think about this. Just treat others like you would like them to treat you. Ever heard of “The Golden Rule”?
Well, I’m feeling even happier than when I started this Blog!! How about YOU?! Just saying the word “HAPPY” makes me happier. Seriously. Try it.
My prayer for us ALL this week is that we’ll seek the Lord’s help in focusing our hearts and minds on what happiness truly means to us and what we need to do to live our gift of Life in that happiness.
GOD is Good! GOD is Great!!
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” —Maya Angelou
Note: A big “Thank You” to my Inspower friend, Gonzalo Arzuaga for his always-inspiring outlook, attitude & gracious wisdom. Bravo!!